All postdocs at Yale can join the YPA. You are, of course, welcome to all events, but if you want to get actively involved, you can follow these easy steps:
- Attend a YPA Open Forum. These meetings are held from 6 to 7 pm on the second Tuesday of every month and are open to all Yale postdocs and spouses/partners. During the meeting, you will hear about opportunities to participate but no commitment is required. Check the calendar to see the date and location of the next meeting. For more information about these meetings or to receive the minutes and agenda, please send an email to email@example.com sign up for our mailing list at the top of this page.
- Join a Committee. Each committee has a specific mission that you can find in our bylaws and two postdocs who act as coordinators for the subcommittee. If you join one committee you are welcome and encouraged to participate and help out with events for other committees as well.
- Take a Leadership Role. Due to the nature of being a postdoc, the coordinator and co-chair positions experience a good amount of turnover, and serving in one of these positions is a great way to help the postdoc community and looks great on your résumé.
- Join the YPA Slack Channel. Most of our internal communication and event planning is done on Slack. We invite all postdocs who are interested to learn more about the YPA to join our slack channel. You can do so here.
- Have fun. Participating in the YPA is a lot of fun, and is a great way to meet new people and develop organizational and leadership skills.